We have interviewed a number of people from abroad as part of our “How I found a job in Dublin” series. Below is a summary of some of the step they took to find a job.
- Ensure you have a high level of English
- Try to build your social circle as friends can recommend you for a job
- Do volunteer work to get a reference from someone based in Ireland or experience for your CV
- Search for jobs online and focus on jobs you have relevant experience
- Tailor your CV to the job description
- Apply to as many jobs as you can. One person spent up to 4 hours a day applying online and handing in her CV.
- During the interview try to show an interest in the role beyond getting paid.