Senior Full Stack Engineer – Data Science
The Data Science team at Genesys are a very diverse group who believe that software innovation is at the heart of what we do – it is one of the key ingredients for creating value with AI in our products. As a team, we work with multiple stakeholders across the organisation giving us the opportunity to work on a variety of interesting challenges using a broad set of technologies and frameworks.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team of like-minded people to help us design and deliver innovative AI solutions in a Cloud environment. You will have experience working with technologies like Java, Kafka, Angular and Amazon Web Services. People who do well in this role are self-motivated engineers with a passion for creating performant and robust production services.
This role is also open to remote candidates located in Ireland.
This job will enable you to:
- Design, develop and deploy high quality, efficient, testable software in the Cloud.
- Own features from design documents and reviews right through to acceptance testing and deployment.
- Troubleshoot production support issues post-deployment and come up with solutions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Champion development best practices, including CI/CD, unit testing and code quality and security practices.
- Join a multidisciplinary scrum team that operates within the larger product / platform team
- Collaborate with product management, backend developers and other frontend engineers to deliver innovative designs
This job might be right for you if:
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related disciplines
- 4+ years of experience in Software Engineering.
- Strong programming skills, particularly in Java.
- Experience in designing & developing REST API’s.
- You have a solid understanding of distributed systems and deployed services in AWS
- You focus on engineering quality and “doing things the right way”
- You enjoy working within a multidisciplinary team and can take initiative to drive projects
- You have a product mindset
- You are energized by building things that will be widely used
- You are proactive, self-driven, and possessing a growth mindset.
Ticking these boxes would be great, but they are not required:
- Understanding of Microservices architecture principles and best practices.
- Knowledge of AI/ML engineering practices and deployments
- You have experience delivering UX driven designs
- You have an awkward sense of humour
Our team includes people of all genders, wide variety of nationalities, ages, and socio-economic backgrounds. Diverse teams are strong teams, and we encourage those with varied backgrounds and experiences to apply.
Safety for our employees and our communities is a key priority for Genesys. We continue to experience rapid growth during the Covid-19 pandemic and are conducting remote hiring and onboarding processes. All hiring and onboarding processes are being conducted remotely at this time. We utilize Zoom video meetings and phone calls during the interview process. We will be working remotely through at least June 30, 2021, in most locations, and we are re-evaluating the opening date of all the Genesys offices on an ongoing basis.
Every year, Genesys® delivers more than 70 billion remarkable customer experiences for organizations in over 100 countries. Through the power of the cloud and AI, our technology connects every customer moment across marketing, sales and service on any channel, while also improving employee experiences. Genesys pioneered Experience as a Service℠ so organizations of any size can provide true personalization at scale, interact with empathy, and foster customer trust and loyalty. This is enabled by Genesys Cloud™, an all-in-one solution and the world’s leading public cloud contact center platform, designed for rapid innovation, scalability and flexibility. Visit www.genesys.com.
Genesys is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, national origin, genetics, disability, military and veteran status, and other protected characteristics. #L