Join our team and experience Workday!
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. At Workday, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
About the team
Digital Adoption is an emerging field in the software industry which aims to let end-users fully embrace products rather than just simply use them. Progress is fuelled by recent technological advances in the machine learning space, allowing software products to become context aware and adapted to the needs of individual users. Workday is investing in Digital Adoption as part of a strong continued focus on providing a superior user experience for its customers.
As a result of this investment, we are now looking for a Software Development Manager in the UI Platform group. This full-stack group builds the end-user facing layers of the Workday products, used by tens of millions of people worldwide on a daily basis.
If you are a passionate leader who loves being challenged and want to be part of the team driving the next generation of user interfaces in an innovative and dynamic environment, then this could be the role for you.
About the role
- Hire and lead a talented and passionate development team
- Assist direct reports with career growth and personal development
- Work with program managers, peers and team members to set the best technical direction for your team
- Develop close working relationships with stakeholders, Product Management and Product Design to create a world-class user experience together
- Focus on quality, while increasing effectiveness; Delivering value, while reducing waste
- Foster an environment where communication, teamwork, and collaboration are rewarded
- Energize your team and have fun engineering software!
- 3 years’ experience managing cross-functional development teams in agile environments ranging in experience from graduate level up to seasoned professionals
- Strong technical background in full-stack and/or front-end development
- Proven ability to develop talent and manage high performing teams
- Built and shipped complex software products, while constantly striving for continuous improvement
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in a Computer Science/Engineering major
- An interest in or experience with ML/Data-Science/Data-Analytics would be a plus
At Workday, we believe every potential recruit brings value to the table. Believe you are missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and are happy to teach. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, apply and see what we are all about.