Finance | Dublin, Ireland
Closing date: 6th November 2020
Our agreement with employees
DocuSign is committed to building trust and making the world more agree-able for our employees, customers and the communities in which we live and work. You can count on us to listen, be honest, and try our best to do what’s right, every day. At DocuSign, everything is equal. We each have a responsibility to ensure every team member has an equal opportunity to succeed, to be heard, to exchange ideas openly, to build lasting relationships, and to do the work of their life. Best of all, you will be able to feel deep pride in the work you do, because your contribution helps us make the world better than we found it. And for that, you’ll be loved by us, our customers, and the world in which we live.
Our Finance team plays a critical role in ensuring accurate financial reporting, optimal financial management, and efficient operations across DocuSign. The team consists of Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Revenue Operations, Investor Relations, and Business Operations. The Finance team partners across all organizations in DocuSign to appropriately allocate resources, inform key business decisions, and facilitate the execution of our operational plans.
DocuSign is looking for an experienced billing specialist who is organized, has a customer service perspective, is highly motivated and results orientated with excellent attention to detail. In addition, this is a fast-paced role where the ability to work to deadlines, through complexity, with a solutions mindset is critical to success.
This role works as a member of the Accounting team, and reports to the Account Operations Manager.
- Ensure accurate and timely billing of our customer accounts.
- Review contracts and ensure customers are properly set up and invoiced in the billing system.
- Ensure that billing is set up to meet Revenue Recognition Standards and other Accounting Policies.
- Address and handle non-standard, complex billing, specifically including Professional Services billing.
- Work across departments to research and resolve escalated customer disputes and exceptions on billings.
- Drive process improvements including working with business partners and other departments.
- Work with other departments on the development and implementation of improvements to billing and accounting systems.
- Support audit requirements on a quarterly basis.
- Perform special projects and other duties as requested.
- Broad experience within accounting/billing environment, preferably for a software company or in a subscription billing environment.
- Must be PC proficient with strong experience in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Understanding of Accounting and Audit concepts and requirements.
- Possess a collaborative work style, whilst being equally able to operate independently
- Ability to take direction and work as a team player.
- Well-developed problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to discern alternatives and make objective recommendations, understand how to effectively work with other business groups to accomplish goals.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in dealing with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Accounting qualifications preferred.
- Experience with NetSuite or other large ERP a plus.
- Experience with Zuora or other large billing system a plus.
DocuSign® helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on, and manage agreements. As part of the DocuSign Agreement Cloud, DocuSign offers eSignature: the world’s #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any time. Today, hundreds of thousands of customers and hundreds of millions of users in over 180 countries use DocuSign to accelerate the process of doing business and simplify people’s lives. Plus, we save more trees together! And that’s a good thing.
DocuSign is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the discussion and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. Individuals seeking employment at DocuSign are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.